August 1, 2023
Some features and contents of this Website are accessible for free and without registration, others are available after registration. KuppingerCole is also offering Services, contents and features that can be purchased, either on a per-use basis or through a subscription. If you have not yet purchased KuppingerCole Services, we encourage you to contact us.
While the information contained on this Website has been created by KuppingerCole employees or/and has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, KuppingerCole disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information. User assumes sole responsibility for the use it makes of this Website to achieve her intended results.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will KuppingerCole be liable for:
(a) damages of any kind, including without limitation, direct, incidental or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, damages for lost profits Limitation of Liability: business interruption and loss of programs or information) arising out of the use of or inability to use this Website, or any information provided on this Website, or
(b) any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the information provided on this Website.
This Website may contain links to other third-party websites. KuppingerCole does not endorse, sponsor or accept any responsibility for these third-party websites, User agrees to direct any concerns relating to these third-party websites to the relevant website administrator.
Updates and Changes
KuppingerCole does not make any warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Website. Although KuppingerCole takes reasonable steps to screen this Website for infection by viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious code manifesting contaminating or destructive properties, KuppingerCole cannot guarantee that it will be free of infection, code vulnerabilities, or that it will be available at any particular time or location.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless KuppingerCole, its affiliates, licensors, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of User's use/ misuse of this Website.
In accessing and using this Website, User agrees to comply with all applicable laws and agrees not to take any action that would compromise the security or viability of this Website. KuppingerCole may terminate User's access to this Website at any time for any reason. The terms hereunder regarding Disclaimer, Accuracy, Indemnification, and Third Party Rights shall survive termination.
The terms hereunder regarding Disclaimer of Warranty, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification are for the benefit of KuppingerCole, and its licensors, employees and agents, each of whom shall have the right to assert and enforce those terms against a User.
Generative Artificial Intelligence
User will not use nor attempt to use any data or content found on or accessed through the Site as input into or for the training or development of generative artificial intelligence, machine learning, algorithms, software, or related technologies, to create any derivative works, compilations or collective works, or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right, or that allows any third parties to access, use or benefit from our proprietary intellectual property in any way.
General Provisions and Governing Law
Thank you for registering for a KuppingerCole virtual, on-site or hybrid (combined virtual and on-site) event (“Event”). Regardless of whether your registration is submitted by you or by a third party acting on your behalf, Event Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you and your participation in any KuppingerCole Event, both in-person and virtual. “Attendee” for purposes of these Terms will include all participants at the Event, including “Speakers”, “Exhibitors” and Attendees. By participating in this Event, you agree to these Terms. Please read them carefully.
These Event Terms do not apply to sponsorship and exhibition agreements. Such agreements contain specialized Terms and Conditions.
This Event is organized by KuppingerCole. We reserve the right to limit or deny access to any entity or individual.
Before the Event
Call for Speakers
Hybrid and On-site KuppingerCole Events are open for Guest Speakers. Therefore KuppingerCole may conduct a "Call for Speakers" through this website. This is an invitation for interested individuals to propose presentations, panels, workshops, or other sessions relevant to the Event's theme or topics und the following terms:
- Submission of a proposal does not guarantee a speaking slot. Selections are made at the sole discretion of KuppingerCole based on factors such as relevance, novelty, and speaker qualifications, among others.
- Accepted speakers will be notified and provided with further information about their participation, including scheduling and presentation guidelines. Speakers are responsible for their own preparation, including the creation of presentation materials.
- Unless otherwise stated, speakers will not be compensated for their participation, and they will be required to comply with all relevant terms and conditions of the Event, including adherence to KuppingerCole's policies and standards.
- KuppingerCole reserves the right to alter or cancel the Call for Speakers at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
Cancellation by the Attendee
If circumstances change and you can no longer attend the event you are registered for, you may cancel your registration by providing written notice to KuppingerCole. Our Refund Policy is as follows here below:
- Registrations may be refunded, if a cancellation is made in writing up to 30 calendar days prior to the on-site or hybrid event start date, or 7 days prior to the virtual conference start date.
- Cancellations received after the cancellation cutoff date or nonattendance will not be refunded and/or tickets will not be re-activated.
- For cancellations received after the cutoff date with a balance due, the registration amount remains due in full.
- After the cancellation cutoff date, payments made are not refundable for any reason, including, but not limited to illness, natural disasters, travel-related problems, an act of terrorism, or visa related issues. However, KuppingerCole will accept to either re-activate the ticket for a later event, or split it into 2 virtual tickets. One for the event in question and one for a future event.
Please remember that canceling your registration does not automatically cancel your hotel and travel arrangements. Attendees are responsible for cancelling their own hotel and travel reservations.
Substitution of registrations can be made any time before the event starts, but they have to be from within the registrant's company. The initial registrant has to communicate such replacement together with personal details of the person who will attend instead to KuppingerCole. Please note that not all types of conference tickets are transferrable. Tickets that are part of a KuppingerCole invitational or membership program are non-transferrable.
Association Discount Programs
Eligibility for any Association Discount programs offered by KuppingerCole is contingent upon the Registrant's current and active membership status in the respective associations at the time of registering for the event. It is the registrant's obligation to provide sufficient proof of their eligible status, if requested by KuppingerCole. The Association Discount cannot be combined with any other promotions, discounts, or special offers unless explicitly stated by KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue any Association Discount program at any time, with or without notice. In the event of such changes, the validity of already completed registrations shall remain in effect.
Group Discount Program
Groups must consist of employees of the same organization and discounts only apply to the same conference. Only one discount may be applied to an individual registration. With the exceptions of the early bird discount, multiple discounts cannot be combined.
Currency Exchange Rate Disclaimer: Client/Cardholder confirms acknowledgment and acceptance of a potential gain/loss incurred by any adjustments made by their bank due to the currency exchange rate. KuppingerCole will not be liable or responsible for any loss incurred by the Client/Cardholder from an adjustment made due to the currency exchange rate. Nor will KuppingerCole pursue the Client/Cardholder for collection if that adjustment should be made in the Client’s/Cardholder’s favor.
Submission of a registration online, by phone or email, constitutes an official registration and intent to attend the Conference. Invoices are payable upon receipt, and full payment must be received in order to gain entry to the Conference. Until your payment is received you will not have access to pre-conference entitlements that you may be entitled to, such as booking certain sessions or reserving meetings with analysts.
Certain aspects and features of KuppingerCole Events may either vary or not be available for attendees who are employed by a vendor. KuppingerCole therefore needs to define the term "Vendor" as follows:
- A vendor organization offers products, services or solutions associated with the domain of the Event.
- A "Vendor" is an employee of such vendor organization and as such in charge of designing, delivering, promoting, selling or servicing products and/or solutions related to the domain of the Event. Therefore, not all employees of vendor organizationsare classified as "Vendor".
- All other event attendees belong to the group of "Non-Vendors".
Your vendor/non-vendor status is determined at the discretion of Kuppingercole, and we reserve the right to change your status at any given time. If you feel that we classified you wrongly, please provide information that would help us to recognise the misconception.
At the Venue, During the Event
Badge Scanning and Location Tracking by KuppingerCole
KuppingerCole uses badge scanning technology in the Event badge as an access control and to administer and improve the on-site Attendee's experience and create individualized proposals for further sessions and services. Some examples for such usage are:
- Delivering session surveys and their results
- Enforcing session restrictions, if there are any
- Manage user capacity
On-site Badge Scanning by Exhibitors and Sponsors
Exhibitor Scanning of Attendee Badges is optional and attendees may at any time refuse to have their badge scanned without any further consequences.
Availability of Agenda Items
Your Event Ticket provides access to all sessions based on your registration packages and on your attendee profile. As an example, some sessions may have restrictions for vendors or may be exclusive for members of a certain association. Session admission is also subject to venue capacity. Building an agenda on the KuppingerCole Website ahead of the event does not guarantee access to any sessions.
As described further above, KuppingerCole Events are open for Gest Speakers, as they are a key element of KuppingerCole's efforts to create a global exchange platform for innovation, ideas and insights. Such speakers are not employed by KuppingerCole. We nevertheless try hard to create a selection of highly interesting speakersfrom various industries and with different backgrounds from all around the world to share their perspectives and views on the event topics. Not all speakers may reflect the views and opinions of KuppingerCole.
Use of Multimedia
Attendees of the Event, including Speakers, Exhibitors and Sponsors, are encouraged to capture their Conference experiences at the event venue and post their own social content from the Event (text, photos, audio, video, streaming), provided it does not defame other Conference attendees or Exhibitors or infringe on copyrighted content.
Copyright related restrictions may apply to some Event contents. KuppingerCole will in such cases display such restrictions and Attendees agree to follow the displayed restrictions.
By attending the Conference, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
- KuppingerCole may edit and use the footage it captures at its Events for marketing and promotional activities and for any other purposes as long as they are lawful; and
- KuppingerCole disclaims all liability for the capture of your image by Attendees in any multimedia format at the Event.
Meetings – On-site and Virtual
During the Event, Attendees frequently take part in meetings, either ad-hoc or scheduled, with other companies of the same industry. In all such situations you agree to adhere to the Antitrust Guidelines.
At some Events, KuppingerCole scheduled analyst meetings are available to interested parties. Such meetings shall not be used for vendor related product/service briefings. The topic of such meeting needs to be inquiry-based so that the analyst's or advisor's respective coverage areas are congruent to the topic. A KuppingerCole Event is attended by a large number of attendees. We therefore encourage you to take proper precautions during your meeting to make sure you do not unwillingly disclose sensitive information to surrounding people.
On-Site WiFi Service Security
During KupingerCole Events, a complimentary wireless internet service is provided either be the venue or by KuppingerCole or by both.
By using the wireless service, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
The WiFi Service at KuppingerCole Events is a complimentary service that allows authorized users to access the internet during their visit to a KuppingerCole Event. By accessing the WiFi, you acknowledge that you are an authorized user. You further understand that your access to the system is an unencrypted public wireless network, and that you are solely responsible for ensuring the privacy and integrity of any transmissions you make or receive, as well as the safety and security of any systems you attach to the Event WiFi Network. You understand the unencrypted access to the public internet and take full responsibility for any necessary security precautions, including encrypting confidential transmissions and backing up any data.
Limitation of Liability — Under no circumstances, where applicable law permits, shall KuppingerCole be liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from your use of the Event WiFi service, whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages and losses exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing the WiFi Service. We have no duty to update the Service or the contents thereof. If you are dissatisfied with the service, your sole and exclusive remedy shall be to discontinue use of the Service.
Event Tools and Services
KuppingerCole provides tools and services that are designed to help Attendees get the most value out of their event experience. These tools and services are designed to help Attendees build a personal agenda, find and connect with other event attendees before, during, and after the event. Some examples of such tools, which may not be available at all KuppingerCole events:
- Event Agenda Builder – KuppingerCole Events provide a comprehensive choice of agenda items with several breakout session tracks running in parallel. Even though our hybrid event format does provide live streaming recording of all sessions so that attendees can watch sessions they missed on-site after the event, the Event Agenda Builder helps attendees to better prepare for the live part of the event. KuppingerCole will not share this information with any third party without your prior written consent.
- Attendee List and Messaging – Attendees receive access to a mobile app containing the list of all attendees who did not opt out from being displayed. Messaging features within the app help attendees find and connect with their peers on-site and virtually. Other attendees can view the profile information you provide, but will not be able to see your email address.
- Push Notifications - When using the Mobile Event App as described, you are presented with the ability to allow KuppingerCole to send you Event notifications. We utilize these notifications to communicate upcoming features, changes in schedule, and important information.
Event Code of Conduct
KuppingerCole Events are dedicated to providing a harassment-free, productive, safe and pleasant Event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of attendees in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any Event venue, including talks, workshops, parties and social media. Event attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of KuppingerCole.
- Maintain a respectful, considerate, and courteous attitude towards everyone you engage with online, at the conference, and the venue
- Secure your belongings and be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants
- If there is a situation that looks concerning or could be dangerous, notify Event staff in a prompt manner
- Adhere to the KuppingerCole Antitrust Guidelines when engaging in any peer activity at the Event
- When using communication features: Make your messages and invitations useful, informative and relevant
- Exhibitors, Sponsors and Speakers should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of organizer staff immediately. Event organizer staff can be identified as they'll be wearing branded clothing and/or badges.
Event staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect attendees to follow these rules at KuppingerCole Event and workshop venues and related social events.
After the Event
Presentations and Materials
As an attendee you will receive access to KuppingerCole and third-party licensed content (“Presentation Materials”) provided by guest speakers. KuppingerCole is not liable for the information in the Presentation Materials. You may use these presentations as well as session audio/video recordings where available solely for your own internal, non-commercial purposes. Unauthorized distribution (via sales, copying, social media posting ...) is forbidden if not otherwise stated.
KuppingerCole Research & Digital Advisory Usage Policy
Thank you for purchasing a License to KuppingerCole Research and/or Digital Advisory. We have created this Usage Policy the Users who purchased a License (“Clients”) or who are in a complimentary testing phase. By continuing to use and access content and features on this website, you agree to this KuppingerCole Research & Digital Advisory Usage Policy, which will help you use KuppingerCole Services within your contractual entitlements; and also get the most value from your relationship with KuppingerCole.
This KuppingerCole Usage Policy refers to a baseline generally applicable to Licensed Users who have either purchased a subscription to KuppingerCole Services or have received preliminary access for testing purposes. There may be specific license agreements for KuppingerCole product offerings in place which include entitlements that go beyond a baseline license as described here. Such agreements by default contain service descriptions and special terms of usage within the deliverable itself.
As the KuppingerCole product and services portfolio continues to expand, even baseline usage parameters may slightly vary by the type of Service the Client has purchased. If a Client or otherwise Licensed User is unclear as to how a usage parameter in this Policy applies to the Service they intend to use, they should contact their KuppingerCole Account Representative for further guidance.
Monitoring of Usage: Please note that KuppingerCole monitors activity on our web site, including use of our Services by Licensed Users. If we see indications that our Services are being used outside of this Usage Policy, we may contact your company and ask you to investigate your use of the Services and provide us with information to validate that the Services are being used within your contractual entitlement. In the event of non-compliance, KuppingerCole will issue notice of such non-compliance to your company. Following receipt of such notice, your company will have 30 days to correct the non-compliance. In the event your company fails to correct the non-compliance, KuppingerCole reserves the right at its sole discretion to either terminate (or limit access to) the Services or terminate the Service Agreement in its entirety.
Static and Dynamic Content Types
This Policy applies specifically to two distinct types of content: static content and dynamic content created by algorithms, which may be defined as artificial intelligence (but not only).
"Static Content" refers to research materials, documents, reports, analyses, studies, publications, datasets, multimedia files, or any other form of digital or physical content that is created, compiled, or curated by KuppingerCole and provided to Users without automatic updates or modifications.
Static content may include, but is not limited to:
- Written materials such as research articles, whitepapers, case studies, policy papers, summaries, abstracts, or literature reviews.
- Statistical data, charts, graphs, tables, or other visual representations of research findings or analysis.
- Audio recordings, video recordings, webinars, presentations, or lectures related to research topics.
- Infographics, diagrams, maps, or illustrations illustrating research concepts or data.
- Archived or historical research content that remains static and unmodified over time.
- Research methodologies, frameworks, models, or templates provided in a fixed form.
- Raw research data or raw data sets that are not subject to automatic updates or modifications.
"Dynamic Content" refers to research materials, documents, reports, analyses, studies, publications, datasets, multimedia files, or any other form of digital or physical content that is generated, updated, or modified in real-time or periodically by a Software, specifically, but not limited to an artificial intelligence system developed or employed by KuppingerCole.
Dynamic content may include, but is not limited to:
- Real-time market data, financial data, economic indicators, or any other data that is subject to frequent updates or changes.
- Automated research reports, summaries, or analyses that are generated based on current or evolving data inputs.
- Machine learning-based insights, predictions, or recommendations derived from continuous data processing and algorithmic modeling.
- Adaptive or personalized research content tailored to individual user preferences, contexts, or specific criteria.
- Interactive dashboards, visualizations, or tools that provide real-time analysis and allow users to explore and manipulate data.
- Dynamic research models, simulations, or scenarios that update and adjust based on changing variables or inputs.
- Content generated by natural language processing algorithms, chatbots, or virtual assistants that respond to user queries or provide dynamic information.AI-generated research content that adapts to new information, emerging trends, or evolving circumstances.
Internal or External Use
This Usage Policy is intended to address the use of KuppingerCole Research & Digital Advisory Contents, Services and Features within your organization (“Internal Use”) and outside your organization (“External Use”).
As the owner of all right, title and interest in KuppingerCole Research Content, Services and Features, we are licensing to you as the Licensed User, under the following conditions.
Internal Use of Static Content
Users are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the static content solely for internal research and advisory purposes within their organization.
- Users may download, print, store, and display the static content for internal use only, subject to the restrictions outlined in this Policy.
- Users shall not distribute, transmit, sublicense, sell, lease, or otherwise commercially exploit the static content to any third party without the express written consent of KuppingerCole.
- Users shall not modify, edit, alter, or create derivative works of the static content without prior written authorization from KuppingerCole.
- Users may share excerpts or derivatives of KuppingerCole Static Content as long as it is not done on a routine basis and as long as it is limited to an internal audience and not intended to avoid the purchase of additional user licenses.
- Users shall not remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices or copyright information contained in the Static Content.
Internal Use of Dynamic Content
Users are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to create, access and use Dynamic Content provided through Features, Apps and automated services on KuppingerCole owned Websites solely for internal research and advisory purposes within their organization.
- Users may utilize the Dynamic Content for real-time analysis, insights, and decision-making processes within their organization, subject to the restrictions outlined in this Policy.
- Users shall not distribute, transmit, sublicense, sell, lease, or otherwise commercially exploit the dynamic content to any third party without the express written consent of KuppingerCole.
- Users shall not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or attempt to derive the source code or algorithms of the artificial intelligence system responsible for generating the dynamic content.
- Users may share and further modify Dynamic Content to internal audiences.
- Users shall not remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices or copyright information contained in the dynamic content.
External Use of Static or Dynamic Content
We welcome you, the Licensed User, to download, open, print, and store KuppingerCole Research Content for your personal, internal use within your job and within the scope of your Service.
KuppingerCole Research Content, wether static or dynamically created by an App on the KuppingerCole websites cannot be shared
- outside your company, or
- via email, social media, or other external information systems.
If your job role requires you to share KuppingerCole Research outside of your company, you may:
- Excerpt or reference with prior written approval from KuppingerCole, and in accordance with the KuppingerCole Sourcing Guidelines
- Purchase a Reprint License for External Use. Contact KuppingerCole for more information on Reprint Licenses.
Compliance and Security Obligations
Users shall use reasonable efforts to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the licensed research content, whether static or dynamic, and shall prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Users shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards regarding the use, storage, transmission, and protection of the licensed research content.
Users shall promptly report any known or suspected unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of the licensed research content to KuppingerCole.
Termination and Remedies
KuppingerCole reserves the right to terminate or suspend a User's access to the licensed research content, in whole or in part, in the event of a violation of this Policy.
In case of termination or suspension, Users shall immediately cease all use of the licensed research content and return or destroy any copies of the content in their possession.
KuppingerCole's name and all published products (online, print, audio, and video) are subject to trademark and copyright protection, regardless of source. This policy applies to all external uses of the KuppingerCole name; advertising, annual reports, blogs, press releases, presentations, signage, talks and other formats. To use the KuppingerCole name or that of any of our analysts or products, excerpt our research, quote our analysts, or repurpose any of our materials, a usage request must be submitted in writing to KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole may exercise the right of refusal.
Quotation Usage Policy for Clients
As a KuppingerCole Client, payment is not required to reproduce quotes from one of our analysts or excerpts from our research materials. We do require that the wording be vetted by KuppingerCole. KuppingerCole and, if applicable, the analyst quoted, must be mentioned together with the quote or excerpt.
Reproduction of report excerpts may also be approved on a case by case basis, if distribution is to be limited to the clients' internal staff.
For use externally (sales meetings, outside marketing, trade shows), it is required that a reprint license be purchased. The cost varies by the type of deliverable being reproduced and the overall distribution it will have. KuppingerCole must be listed as the source.
Clients may also request a custom quote.
Quotation Usage Policy for Non-Service Clients
As a non-client, quotes will by default be declined. Exceptions are made at times for non-profit organizations and associations.
In both Client and non-Client quotes that are approved, KuppingerCole will maintain its objectivity. Industry data will be given, but inclusion of an opinion on the requesting organization will not be approved.
Example of what might get approved: "Company X is ranked positively in the KuppingerCole Leadership Compass".
Example of what would not get approved: "KuppingerCole ranks Company Y higher than all the other competitors in Leadership Compass Z".